- Free Freeware
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Aug 14, 2012
- [+] More Details
A review of HxD by Felix Cheng
HxD is a hex editor capable not only of open files, but also one which can read and write data to hard disk sectors and processes in memory.
Compatible with many standards, HxD can copy data in plain text, HTML or as a variable for programming languages%u200B%u200B. The size of files you can open HxD is practically unlimited.
HxD is a powerful tool, useful in certain scenarios in which raw data reading is required.HxD features and highlights:
- Available as a portable and installable edition
- Disk editor for hard drives, CDs and more
- RAW reading and writing of disks
- Safe file-sharing policies with other files
- Flexible and fast searching
- File compare (simple)
- View data in Ansi, DOS, EBCDIC and Macintosh character sets
- Checksum-Generator: Checksum, CRCs, Custom CRC, SHA-1, SHA-512, MD5
- Exporting of data to several formats
HxD is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from programming software without restrictions. HxD 220.127.116.11 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This Hex editor software is filed under:
- HxD Download
- Freeware Programming Software
- Portable Software
- Major release: HxD 1.7
Compatibility with this Hex editor software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version of HxD may be available from MaÃ«l HÃ¶rz.
We have tested HxD 18.104.22.168 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans. [Read more]